Assistant to the Conductor, University Orchestra (Casual/Hourly Position) Princeton University
Assistant to the Conductor, University Orchestra (Casual/Hourly Position)
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Position Summary: The following temporary position is available in the Music Department to support the conductor of the University Orchestra.
- Take attendance, keep record of excused lateness, absences and track down those who are not excused.
- Field requests for help in logistical matters (example: ‘my sound post fell, what do I do?’)
- Make general administrative announcements
- Oversee, co-ordinate work of student librarians
Update PUO music inventory
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE- ONGOING
- Maintain Princeton University Orchestra website– rehearsal schedules, audio files, announcements.
- Meet with supervisor for scheduling, and distribute schedules.
- Coordinate admission audition schedule, help supervisor with tracking evaluations.
- Liaise with Richardson Auditorium staff re. set-up, other logistics.
- Write Princeton University Orchestra press releases.
- Coordinate with Department Marketing Director.
- Contract all outside players.
- Assemble programs, co-ordinate program notes.
GENERAL ADMIN- SEASONAL
- Help coordinate September auditions– posting audition materials on websites, maintain signup lists.
- One – three years of work experience.
- Familiarity with the basic structure and workings of a full symphony orchestra.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related relevant experience.
Computer Skills: Ability to maintain website and update on a pretty simple platform. Proficiency with Word and Excel required.
Work Schedule: Late afternoon and weekend hours, as well as flexability with hours during a more normal work week. Approximately 15 hours per week.
Position is available through approximately the end of May.
Education Required: Other-see essential qualifications
|Contact:||Music – 225
|Online App. Form:||https://jobs.princeton.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=64486&jtsrc=www.hig heredjobs.com&jtrfr=www.peopleadmin.com&adorig=PA|
More Information on Princeton University
opportunity/affirmative action employer.