ORCHESTRE SYMPHONIQUE DE QUÉBEC ASSISTANT CONDUCTOR IN RESIDENCE
ORCHESTRE SYMPHONIQUE DE QUÉBEC
ASSISTANT CONDUCTOR IN RESIDENCE
The purpose of the appointment of a Conductor-in-Residence to the Orchestre symphonique de Québec is to give the
opportunity to a young Canadian conductor to launch his/her career, and to work on a daily basis with a leading professional
The Conductor-in-Residence will work in close collaboration with the Music Director, Fabien Gabel, and will also be given
the opportunity to conduct concerts in various series such as Concerts Famille and Matinées symphoniques.
The duties of the Assistant Conductor in Residence include:
• Study the programmed repertoire of the series Grands classiques, Rendez-vous classiques, Soirées classiques and Classiques au Palais
• Attend all rehearsals and concerts of the series Grands classiques, Rendez-vous classiques, Soirées classiques and Classiques au Palais
• Collaborate to the programming of Concerts Famille and Matinées symphoniques
• Recommend significant Canadian works to the Music Director
• Participate to some promotional activities at the Orchestra
• Accomplish any other task requested by the Music Director or the artistic operation Director.
Conditions of admission
• Applicants must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants
• This position is open to candidates that are 35 years of age or less (age as of November 27, 2014)
• Applicants must be fluent in French. The OSQ, in accordance with the laws of the province of Québec and the
musicians’ collective agreement, uses French to communicate with its musicians.
• The chosen candidate will have to complete a probation period in the weeks that follow the audition.
September 1st, 2015 to August 31st, 2017. Subject to funding and to the assistant conductor in residence progress, there is a
possibility of prolongation for the season 2017-2018.
Auditions November 27, 2014 (semifinal in the morning and final in the afternoon)
N.B. The candidates selected for the auditions will be contacted no later than November 1st, 2014.
All applications should include:
• Proof of age and of Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status
• Full curriculum vitae (studies, teachers, diplomas, awards, professional experience)
• A DVD of the candidate in rehearsal (ca. 10 minutes)
• Recommendations by two professional referees
• A letter of interest for the position
The Audition Repertoire is to be sent upon receipt of application.
Please send application (postmarked no later than October 11, 2014) to:
Orchestre symphonique de Québec
Assistant Conductor in Residence
c/o Isabelle Lépine
410, Grande Allée Est
Québec (Québec) G1R 2J5
Applications sent by e-mail will be accepted. Please send the DVD by mail.
Phone (418) 643-7766 / Fax (418) 644-8564
About this entry
You’re currently reading “ORCHESTRE SYMPHONIQUE DE QUÉBEC ASSISTANT CONDUCTOR IN RESIDENCE,” an entry on All the conducting masterclasses
- September 2, 2014 / 11:43 am