3-YEAR POSITION WITH YOUNG MUSICIANS FOUNDATION (Los Angeles) JOB DESCRIPTION: Music Director & Conductor of the YMF Debut Orchestra
3-YEAR POSITION WITH YOUNG MUSICIANS FOUNDATION (Los Angeles)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Music Director & Conductor of the YMF Debut Orchestra
Executive Director, Music Advisory Board
Orchestra Manager, Orchestra Librarian, orchestra personnel
Open to conductors of exceptional professional promise and ability who reside in the United States; who will not have reached their 27th birthday by June 30, 2015; and who are not yet under professional management. Upon winning the post, Los Angeles residency will be strongly encouraged.
$30,000 annually, renewable by contract for up to three years.
1. Build, guide, and conduct the YMF Debut Orchestra in rehearsals, concerts, and annual benefit gala. Season includes 5-6 concerts, with 4-5 rehearsals per concert. The orchestra is often hired for additional outside events.
2. Assist in the recruitment and selection of a cover conductor for the orchestra.
3. Assist in re-auditioning the entire orchestra every year (late summer).
4. Assist in judging the annual Debut Concerto Competition (spring).
5. Plan and direct two outreach concerts per year.
6. Provide program notes for each concert.
7. Be available for community and public relations activities.
8. Act as a spokesperson for the foundation and its programs.
Online at http://www.jotform.us/YoungMusiciansFoundation/conductor.
The online application and all supporting materials must be received (not a postmark date) no later than Sunday, November 30, 2014.
Final auditions will be held by invitation only on Sunday, March 1, 2015 in Los Angeles.
Young Musicians Foundation
244 S. San Pedro St., 5th Floor, Ste. 506
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Founded in 1955, Young Musicians Foundation (YMF) exists to unify communities through exceptional classical music experiences for youth. We believe that young musicians at every stage of their development deserve high caliber music instruction in a supportive environment.
Now in its 60th season, the Debut Orchestra is acclaimed as one of the premiere youth orchestras in the country. Its rich history includes more than 45 premieres of works by such world-renowned composers as Igor Stravinsky, Ingolf Dahl, and Michael Torke. The orchestra provides important pre-professional training to the most talented young musicians ages 15-25 from the greater Los Angeles area.
Past conductors of the Debut Orchestra include: Roger Kalia, Case Scaglione, Sean Newhouse, David Blum, Andre Previn, Robert La Marchina, Henry Lewis, Manuel Compinsky, Lawrence Foster, Kenneth Klein, Michael Tilson Thomas, Robert Henderson, Phil Lehrman, Michael Nowak, Joel Ethan Fried, Calvin Simmons, Rhonda Kess, Myung Whun Chung, Toshiyuki Shimada, Emil de Cou, Neal Stulberg, Lucas Richman, Jung-Ho Pak, Daniel Hege, Lara Webber, Bundit Ungrangsee, and Wilson Hermanto.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “3-YEAR POSITION WITH YOUNG MUSICIANS FOUNDATION (Los Angeles) JOB DESCRIPTION: Music Director & Conductor of the YMF Debut Orchestra,” an entry on All the conducting masterclasses
- October 9, 2014 / 2:33 pm