Baltimore Philharmonia Orchestra Seeks an Assistant Conductor
The Baltimore Philharmonia Orchestra has an immediate need for String players in all sections starting in March 2014. Founded in 1997, The Baltimore Philharmonia Orchestra is the area’s foremost not-for-profit Orchestra serving the Northern Baltimore County Community. Rehearsals are held in the Towson, Maryland .
This is a non-paid position. There is an audition requirement for membership in the is organization. All members of the orchestra sit at the pleasure of the conductor who sits at pleasure of the Board of Directors. Duties include part preparation, participation in the rehearsals and concerts.
Requirements and Skills:
Experience in orchestral playing and conducting
Ability to work with and in front of large groups of people
Ability to work wiht Amateur and Professonal Musicians
Ability to commit to MOST of the rehearsals and the subsequent performances
About the Position:
- The ideal candidate will be able to start in March 2015 as an assistant conductor/performer in the Orchestra
- Work Schedule: Rehearsals are held on Tuesday Evenings from 7:00pm to 9:30pm At Loch Raven High School in Towson Maryland .
- Preparation for rehearsals
- This is not a paid position
Email resume and/or letter of interest tohchentowson.edu
Baltimore Philharmonia Orchestra
One page CV along with a 15 minute video recording of conducting experience
About this entry
You’re currently reading “Baltimore Philharmonia Orchestra Seeks an Assistant Conductor,” an entry on All the conducting masterclasses
- October 14, 2014 / 1:49 pm