CONDUCTOR, CONCERT ORCHESTRA The Norwalk Youth Symphony is currently looking for a conductor for its Concert Orchestra.
The Concert Orchestra is a full symphony orchestra, performing at an intermediate level, and comprised of a diverse group of youth from 5th grade to 12th grade.
Requirements for the Position
The ability to patiently cultivate nonprofessional players, to constructively communicate with them, and a genuine interest in young people are all essential.
Because the Concert Orchestra contains a diverse age and skill group, an ability to encourage youth at different levels of personal and musical maturity is key.
Specific duties include:
- Planning and conducting all scheduled rehearsals and concerts in consultation with the Executive Director, the Music Director, and the Curriculum Committee.
- Determining seating within sections to fit the program being played.
- Taking an active part in auditions and recruitment whenever possible.
- Assisting in the general promotion of the orchestra by being available for fundraisers and receptions.
- Working toward establishing and maintaining positive and productive relationships among student players, parents, other conductors, and the NYS Board and staff.
Bachelors of Music Education or Performance.
Minimum one year conducting a full orchestra.
Submission of Interest
Please send an expression of interest, résumé, video of rehearsal and concert performance (required), list of references, reviews, and repertoire list to the attention of the Norwalk Youth Symphony Search Committee email@example.com, or by mail at:
Norwalk Youth Symphony / Search Committee
71 East Avenue Suite N
Norwalk, CT 06851-4903
Videos may be provided via links to websites, YouTube, or other online hosting services.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “CONDUCTOR, CONCERT ORCHESTRA The Norwalk Youth Symphony is currently looking for a conductor for its Concert Orchestra.,” an entry on All the conducting masterclasses
- February 4, 2015 / 5:07 pm