Queensland Symphony Orchestra’s Assistant Conductor Development Program
- Be a part of Queensland’s largest full-time performance arts company
- Unique experience for an aspiring Conductor
- Build your skills for conducting an orchestral rehearsal and public performance
QSO’s Assistant Conductor Development Program is an exceptional opportunity for an aspiring Conductor to build their skills and competencies in all aspects of preparing for an orchestral performance. Over 18 months, the successful candidate will work with prominent Conductors and learn about rehearsal planning, conducting technique, orchestral instruments and soloist accompaniment. The candidate will also work with different facets of performance (eg choirs, dance companies, Master of Ceremonies etc). In addition, you will also develop an awareness of the major business functions of a professional orchestra including artistic planning, production, marketing, fundraising, and work health and safety.
Is this the opportunity you’ve been waiting for to take your journey as a Conductor to the next level?
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in music or similar (or progress towards)
- Thorough knowledge of classical music
- Excellent musicianship skills
- Experience leading vocal or instrumental ensembles
- The ability to speak engagingly from the podium
You can apply via our email address email@example.com. In addition to your CV, you must include a cover letter that outlines your experience in the five requirements listed above. Shortlisted candidates will be required to audition with the QSO as part of the selection process.
Candidates must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or able to demonstrate that they have the legal right to work in Australia.
This position is funded by the Johannes Fritzsch Fund and Symphony Services International.
For further enquiries, please call Robert Miller, Director – Human Resources, on (07) 3833 5011.
No unsolicited recruitment agencies CVs will be accepted.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “Queensland Symphony Orchestra’s Assistant Conductor Development Program,” an entry on All the conducting masterclasses
- February 26, 2015 / 2:35 pm