GRADES 6-12 STRINGS / ORCHESTRA INSTRUCTOR Kansas
Information for Job: 6-12 Strings / Orchestra Instructor
Job Title: 6-12 Strings / Orchestra Instructor
Job Description:Full-time position for Grades 6-12 Strings / Orchestra Instructor for the 2015-2016 school year. Start date is approximately August 1- 2015. See job description below:
GRADES 6-12 STRINGS / ORCHESTRA INSTRUCTOR
- Experience preferred- but not required.
- Applicant must hold or be eligible for licensure with the Kansas State Department of Education with an endorsement in instrumental music.
About the position:
- Work cooperatively with experienced orchestra instructor to continue to build a vibrant orchestra program in USD 428.
- Strong program that enjoys the support of the community and the local Board of Education.
- Students have consistently scored high ratings at regional and state competitions. In addition to music contest- the middle and high school orchestras participate in the annual Western Kansas Orchestra Festival where they have had the opportunity to work with conductors such as Elliot Del Borgo- Richard Stephan- Jacquelyn Dillon- and Robert Gillespie.
- Many opportunities for the student orchestras to perform at community outreach activities and local concerts.
- Instruments provided by the schools are in quality condition.
- Pleasant class schedule in recently renovated- well-maintained- air-conditioned facilities.
- Opportunities to work cooperatively with surrounding orchestra directors.
About Unified School District 428:
USD 428 is located in Great Bend in central Kansas. Student enrollment is approximately 3-100 in grades K-12. USD 428 employs over 300 certified instructors. There are five K-6 elementary schools- one 7-8 middle school and one 9-12 class 5A high school with award-winning athletic- co-curricular- and academic programs. All USD 428 schools are renovated- well maintained- and air-conditioned. Computer/student ratio is close to 2:1 and teachers are provided use of iPads. Great Bend offers a small-town atmosphere- has a two-year community college- and is located within an hour of an accredited institution- Fort Hays State University- and within two hours of Wichita State University. Find out more about the Great Bend area by going to www.greatbend.org. Find out more about the Great Bend Public Schools and Unified School District 428 atwww.usd428.net.
Great Bend USD 428
Great Bend USD 428
Great Bend USD 428
Job Salary (if available): Salary based on education and experience, starting at $35,000.
Job Benefits (if available): District pays 95% of single health policy or 50% of a family policy. $500 annuity invested for each school year employed, available after fifth year of employment. Flexible Benefit Plan offers health, cancer insurance, medical reimbursement, dependent care, vision and dental care. Generous leave policy for personal, illness or immediate family illness, permitted to accumulate. On-site opportunities for college credit; other extensive on-site staff development opportunities.
Job Bonus (if available): NA
Job Start Date: August-1-2015
Applications Due By: May-30-2015Job Categories:
- Fine Arts
Job Contact Information
Contact First Name: Vicki
Contact Last Name: Haselhorst
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 620-793-1500
Employer Name & Website: Great Bend USD 428 – http://www.usd428.net
|Great Bend Unified School District 428 is a progressive school district offering a wide variety of outstanding educational programs for students and excellent working conditions for its employees. The district serves approximately 3,000 students at the K-6, 7-8, and 9-12 levels, and maintains five elementary schools, one high school, one middle school, an alternative learning center, and an early childhood center. USD 428 is the sponsoring district for the four area school districts that comprise the Barton County Special Services Cooperative.
The district offers small class sizes, outstanding facilities, first-class curriculum and instructional materials, competitive salary and benefits, and extensive professional growth opportunities for teachers. Networked technology throughout the district — internet, e-mail, telephones in all classrooms. Technology available to teachers includes iPads, laptops, Smart boards, All Great Bend schools have been modernized and air-conditioned.
Great Bend High School is designated class 5A for activity competition with extremely successful programs. The district enjoys a strong level of community support and participation in school affairs and activities, and the students who attend the schools are among the finest young people in Kansas. Great Bend is a community of over 15,000 people located in Central Kansas. Barton County Community College is located just outside of Great Bend, and Fort Hays State University is only an hour away. The Great Bend area offers an excellent quality of life for everyone.
USD 428 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
201 S. Patton Road
Great Bend, KS 67530
About this entry
You’re currently reading “GRADES 6-12 STRINGS / ORCHESTRA INSTRUCTOR Kansas,” an entry on All the conducting masterclasses
- April 28, 2015 / 9:27 am