Orchestra Director – Weber State University Ogden, Utah
The Department of Performing Arts at Weber State University is seeking an Assistant Professor of Music / Orchestra Director. Duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
(1) Teach conducting courses;
(2) Teach Applied Music lessons;
(3) Team teach String Pedagogy and/or other areas of expertise and interest;
(4) Oversee the University’s outstanding String Project Program;
(5) Successfully recruit and continue to support the growing string area; and
(6) Other normal duties of a full-time faculty member, including collaboration and committee membership as well as service to the department, college, and university.
This position will have secondary duties related to directing and conducting the University’s student orchestra.
-Previous performance and teaching experience
Seeking applicants with:
Conducting experience, Applied Music, String Pedagogy, Administrative skills, & Recruitment
College and/or secondary teaching experience preferred.
To apply, go to http://jobs.weber.edu and complete the online faculty/staff data form and attach a CV, cover letter, teaching philosophy and a list of at least four references.
Screening of applications will begin May 27,2015. Position will remain open until filled.
Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “Orchestra Director – Weber State University Ogden, Utah,” an entry on All the conducting masterclasses
- May 8, 2015 / 8:06 am