Assistant Professor of Music Washington Adventist University
Assistant Professor of Music
Washington Adventist University
Date Posted: May 19, 2015
Location: Takoma Park, MD
- Coordinate, plan, organize, and instruct music courses with specific emphasis on orchestral organizations.
- Ensure that each program/class contains essential curricular components, has appropriate content and pedagogy, and remains current in subject matter.
- Choose textbooks and other instructional materials including classroom and laboratory equipment, in collaboration with Chairs and Deans, as appropriate.
- Teach all classes according to an approved course syllabus.
- Keep students informed concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
- Provide students with a mid-term progress report per policy.
- Maintain scholastic records and course syllabus.
- Participate in program and curriculum review and development and student learning outcome initiatives.
- Submit annual program budget proposals and manage assigned budgets.
- Serve as an academic advisor to assigned students, and recruit appropriate student performers to maintain orchestral organizations.
- Participate in faculty performance appraisal system.
- Attend all meetings, professional development and orientation activities.
- Serve on and provide information to committees as needed.
- Master’s degree in Music and 2 years of experience, which must include:
- String instrument instruction
- Undergraduate student advising
- Solo and ensemble performance at nationally and internationally recognized venues
- Organizational direction
- Conducting experience
To Apply: Mail cover letter and resume/CV to Ms. Rythee Jones, Associate VP of Human Resources, Washington Adventist University, 7600 Flower Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20912
About this entry
You’re currently reading “Assistant Professor of Music Washington Adventist University,” an entry on All the conducting masterclasses
- May 20, 2015 / 5:59 am