Director of Orchestras – Washburn University Topeka, Kansas
Director of Orchestras – Washburn University
(Recruitment Number 341015)
Washburn University’s Department of Music invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor: Director of Orchestras, beginning August 2016.
· Earned Doctorate in Conducting; ABD considered. A completed doctorate is necessary for tenure-track appointment.
· Demonstrated excellence in orchestral ensemble conducting at the collegiate level.
· Successful Teaching and Recruiting at the collegiate level.
· A proven record of professional conducting experience.
· Secondary area of musical expertise.
· Successful, professional performing experience as an instrumentalist.
· Serve as Music Director/Conductor of the Washburn University Orchestra and the Washburn University String Orchestra.
· Oversee all additional orchestral activities.
· Teach assigned courses which may include, but are not limited to: conducting, instrumental techniques, Enjoyment of Music or applied instruction.
· Conduct Washburn Opera Studio productions, as assigned.
· Recruit students and maintain a public profile as a performer and teacher.
· Application review will begin October 26, 2015 and will continue until the position has been filled. Send application letter, vita, copies of transcripts and names/addresses/phone numbers of a minimum of three references to the Director of Orchestras Committee at: email@example.com. Only electronic applications and application materials will be accepted. Do not send additional materials until requested. Candidates under consideration may be asked to submit video of rehearsal and performance footage, electronically, within one week of request. For questions, Dr. Mapp may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “Director of Orchestras – Washburn University Topeka, Kansas,” an entry on All the conducting masterclasses
- October 5, 2015 / 10:06 am