Aurora Conducting Master Classes – 2016
Available places: 10
Course fee: 10 000 SEK
Registration fee: 700 SEK
Last application day: 29 August
FOR ALL 10 CONDUCTORS THE FOLLOWING APPLIES:
- The individual conducting of the Aurora Symphony Orchestra will be video recorded. This will be individually analyzed in class.
- Auscultation at all daily orchestra rehearsals/masterclasses with Maestro Marriner & Gustavsson (approx. 3-4h/day) 29 October – 6 November .
- Actively participate at daily seminars (scores study, performance practice, beating technique, leadership. Traditional forms of composition and contemporary notation, playing style and shape thinking)
and review sessions with Maestro Marriner & Gustavsson.
- Access to all closed masterclasses on all orchestra instrument and chamber music
- Free entrance to all festival concerts
- 4 students (from the total of 10 selected students) will lead Aurora Symphony Orchestra during masterclass (approx. 2 x 45 min/student) and public concert (1-2 movements/conductor). All this under guidance of Maestro Marriner.
- 6 students (from the total of 10 selected students) will lead Aurora Symphony Orchestra rehearsals 2 x 20 min + masterclass and concert performance with big chamber ensembles, like nonets and octets etc (see repertoire below) under guidance of Maestro Gustavsson.
29 August: Last application day
Selection process based on individual application: CV & video
22 September: Announce selected 4 students for Maestro Marriner, 6 selected students for Maestro Gustavsson (by e-mail)
27 September: Last day to pay the course fee 10 000 SEK for selected participants
27 September – 28 October: Individual preparations
29 October – 6 November: Course days in Vänersborg
Certificate: On concluding the course, all participants will receive an Aurora Chamber Music certificate.
Preliminary repertoire list
The selected participants shall prepare and study this repertoire during May – August to be able to meet and receive the teaching, achieve the course objectives.
Orchestra – prel.
Brahms – Symphony no 1
Tshaikovsky – Violin concerto
Sibelius – Symphony No 2
Rachmaninov – Piano concerto no 3
Mozart – Ouverture from The Magic flute Rossini – Ouverture from Wilhelm Tell Beethoven – Egmont Ouverture Sibelius – Finlandia
Chamber Music with conductor – prel.
Varese – Octandre
Stravinsky – Octet for Wind Instruments
Debussy/Schoenberg Verein – Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune
Strauss – Suite in B-flat major, Op.4
Strauss – Serenade in E-flat major, Op.7
Charles Ives – The Unanswered Question for chamber group
Aurora Conducting Master Class: the fee for Aurora Conducting Master Class is 10 000 SEK for the entire duration of the course.
The registration fee of 700 SEK shall be paid with credit card (MasterCard or Visa) immediately when submitting the application. You cannot complete the application without also paying the registration fee. This fee covers costs and administration for review of all applications, documents and recordings. Therefore the registration fee will under no circumstances be re-funded.
The course fee of 10 000 SEK for the 10 selected participants. The selection will be sent to all applicants latest 22 September including more information and further instructions how to pay the course fee to be paid with credit card (MasterCard or Visa) no later than 27 September . Failure of completed payment latest 22 September means next person will be offered your place.
If you are not selected to Aurora Conducting Master Class, then your application is automatically placed among the applications for Aurora Conducting Seminar, after that selection, you could therefore possibly be offered a place at Aurora Conducting Seminar instead, which has a course fee of 4 000 SEK (see separate information).
The course fees are not included accommodation, food or travel however Aurora offers participants good and cheap accommodation options starting from 2200 SEK in total for all days, 29 October – 6 November.
Profile of requirements
The course is aimed at advanced students, already professional conductors, and/or musicians who have completed a course of musical study (instrumental study, singing or conducting) and who already have some experience of conducting.
The age limit is 35 years. Teaching will be given in English.
Documents/Information to be submitted in the online application form
- Personal data
- CV in English
- Video recording (in the form of a web link) showing applicant in the role of conductor
After all complete applications have been received; the course organizers will decide which applicants will be admitted to the course. The results will be announced 22 September 2016.
10 students will be admitted.
On receiving notification of acceptance for the course, the selected students must confirm their attendance and pay the course fee by the specified deadline. Otherwise the course organizers will offer your place to another applicant.
The organizers’ decisions are final. No legal recourse will be permitted; no correspondence will be entered into.
Obligations / insurance
Students must declare that they are willing to create diary entries or post information on Facebook, and be prepared to give short interviews.
Aurora Chamber Music retains all rights in respect of photographic or video materials which have been created during the course or recorded at the concerts.
Students are responsible for obtaining visas and paying visa costs.
Students must also pay for their own insurance.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “Aurora Conducting Master Classes – 2016,” an entry on All the conducting masterclasses
- July 8, 2016 / 5:18 pm