ORCHESTRAL EXCERPTS FOR CONDUCTORS – Opera and Orchestral Conducting Workshop with Maestro David Štech December 19th-22nd, 2016 New York City
Proudly presented by New York Conducting Institute
We are now down to a few spots – don’t miss this rare and unique opportunity! We are also accepting auditors.
Our December workshop features a few things:
– Optional PROFESSIONAL RECORDING SESSION: you can reserve a spot to tape yourself conducting and rehearsing with the professional ensemble for audition and job application uses
– COMPLETE instrumentation made available for Copland’s Appalachian Spring (13 instruments) and L’histoire du Soldat (Suite)
– Repertoire not listed may be added, as needed, upon participants’ request and our approval, after acceptance.
– A generous amount of podium time: each participant will receive 124 MINUTES of podium time over the course of the four days
– The excerpts that we will cover in this workshop are carefully chosen to serve specific purposes in cultivating the conducting technique.
Excerpts from the following:
Beethoven Symphony Nos. 1, 2 & 6
Brahms Symphony No. 3
Copland Appalachian Spring (13 Instruments)*
Dvořák Symphony Nos. 8 & 9
Mozart Symphony No. 39
Mozart Così fan Tutte
Puccini La Bohème
Stravinsky L’histoire du Soldat (Suite)*
Stravinsky The Rite of Spring
Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 6
*Complete Instrumentation for these works will be available.
All other works will be with string quintet with piano, Singers will also be present for operatic excerpts.
All workshop repertoire will be possible for all sessions. A study guide and specific list of excerpts will be distributed upon acceptance.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “ORCHESTRAL EXCERPTS FOR CONDUCTORS – Opera and Orchestral Conducting Workshop with Maestro David Štech December 19th-22nd, 2016 New York City,” an entry on All the conducting masterclasses
- November 26, 2016 / 9:49 pm