Assistant Conductor: Naples Philharmonic
The Assistant Conductor supports the artistic vision of Artis—Naples, Music Director Andrey Boreyko, the Naples Philharmonic and the Naples Philharmonic Youth Orchestra.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
• Cover all Masterworks subscription concerts,
• Conduct family and youth education concerts,
• Conduct run-out, special, and community concerts as assigned,
• Conduct the Naples Philharmonic Youth Orchestra,
Artistic and Administrative Duties
• As appropriate, work with the administrative staff to develop run-out, special, community and chamber music programs,
• Work with the Youth Orchestra and Education staff to design Youth Orchestra programs in a manner that serves the students’ educational needs and grows the youth ensembles programs,
• Select all Youth Orchestra repertoire in conjunction with administrative staff,
• Serve as primary adjudicator for Youth Orchestra auditions,
• Provide artistic support as needed to Artis—Naples performing arts activities, including Naples Philharmonic chamber music programs,
Public Relations duties
• Represent the orchestra to donors and potential donors in private and public settings throughout the calendar year,
• Speak to audiences before, during and after selected concerts as requested,
• Provide administrative supports to staff by participating in scheduling and programming discussions for the Naples Philharmonic and Naples Philharmonic Youth Orchestra.
Education and/or Experience
Outstanding conducting skills
Experience conducting professional orchestras including classical, youth and community, pops, etc.
Ability to program effectively with a range of repertory and musical styles
Candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume, two letters of recommendation, and contact information for three professional references. Candidates are also required to submit short video samples demonstrating their recent work. This should include at least two contrasting repertoire styles. Video should be shot at close range of the conductor, taken from orchestra’s vantage point, facing the fr0nt of the conductor, of either a rehearsal or performance with full symphonic or large chamber orchestral ensemble. Videos must be sent electronically with links and dates of performances (Dropbox, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.). Application materials must be received by February 24th. Please send application materials to Samantha Guash firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates who are invited for a live audition will rehearse with the Naples Philharmonic and Naples Philharmonic Youth Orchestra on April 5th and 6th, 2017. Finalists will be brought back to Naples for final auditions with the Naples Philharmonic on April 17th, 2017.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “Assistant Conductor: Naples Philharmonic,” an entry on All the conducting masterclasses
- February 4, 2017 / 3:28 pm